MOULD LOVES MOISTURE
We would like to help you prevent mould, mildew and musty odours in your home.
To manage indoor moisture and humidity, DampRid recommends:
- Install exhaust fans in bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room and any other space water vapor is created.
- Inspect doors, windows and the foundation for water seepage or excessive air infiltration.
- Position fans to blow outdoors to help prevent the spread of mould
- Open windows and doors to air out the house when there is low humidity
- Keep wardrobe doors open to increase ventilation
- Make sure items are completely dry before putting them away
- Place DampRid moisture absorbers in the wardrobes, bathrooms, laundry areas or anywhere with excess moisture
- Use an electric dehumidifier for additional drying capacity
A convenient way to keep areas free of mould is the Hanging Moisture Absorber from DampRid.
This is an ingenious device, which simply hangs inside wardrobes and extracts moisture from the air and holds it in a disposable,
spill-resistant bag to prevent mould and musty odours.
It also contains a special fragrance to keep wardrobes smelling fresh and clean.
The DampRid Hanging Moisture Absorber also works great in bathrooms, laundry rooms, storage areas, basements, boats and caravans. Once the white crystals are exposed to the air they absorb excess moisture and liquefy into a salt solution. All of the crystals will liquefy after about 30 – 60 days depending upon the area, temperature and humidity and the lower chamber will be full of liquid. At this time discard the entire Hanging Moisture Absorber and replace with a new one.
The Hanging Moisture Absorber can be found at selected Bunnings, Woolworths, IGA, Howards Storage World, BIGW and Mitre 10.
Where can you find us?
*Please note that not all stores carry all items